Corporate Profile – Beam Communications Holdings Limited
Beam Communications Holdings Limited (ASX:BCC) specialises in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of satellite, cellular and dual-mode terminals and accessories.
Beam is one of the world's most respected brands in the mobile satellite market and counts some of the world’s largest satellite and telecommunications companies as its clients or partners.
These include satellite network operators Iridium, Inmarsat and Thuraya; and leading telecom services companies, such as Telstra Corporation, Singapore Telecommunications (Singtel), Speedcast, Marlink and KDDI Corporation.
The company’s leadership team has a long and successful track record in the satellite and telecommunications sectors, which has enabled Beam to become a market leader in rural, remote and emergency communication solutions for Voice, Data, IoT or M2M applications.
Some of Beam Communications’ highlights include:
- Global Reach: Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, with regional offices in the UK, the USA and China.
- Established Track Record: For almost 20 years, Beam Communications has created many world-first products and has a globally recognised brand that has come to represent world’s best practice in innovation and customer service.
- Large Product Portfolio: Its products support the world’s three largest Mobile Satellite Service (MSS) operators, Iridium, Inmarsat and Thuraya; and is expanding into new cellular and dual-mode products for Marine, Transport and IoT applications.
- Global Footprint: The company has established an extensive global distribution channel throughout Asia Pacific, Africa, North America, Europe, Middle East and South America.
- Online Presence: Its fully owned subsidiary SatPhone Shop is an authorised Telstra dealer that sells and rents satellite equipment and safety products from leading manufacturers. It also sells Airtime on the Telstra and Iridium networks within Australia.
The company conducts its business through both direct and indirect sales and service strategies throughout Asia, Africa, North America, Australia, Europe, Middle East and South America.
The majority of sales revenues are generated through the development, manufacturing and sale of satellite communication terminals that are Beam Communications branded or produced as an OEM product and distributed under the satellite network operator’s brand.
Currently the company has a portfolio of products supporting the world’s two largest MSS operators, Iridium and Inmarsat, a contract to develop additional OEM satellite terminals, and other OEM opportunities.
Beam Communications Holdings Limited is at the forefront of the expanding demand in the market and is uniquely placed to capitalize on future growth.